Sunday, January 09, 2000

The Meaning of It All

So when I was little, I spent every evening in the bathtub making up my own commercials. (According to my mother, I was fascinated by them on TV -- I'd ignore the regular programming, but perk up immediately, whenever an ad came on. Tee.)

One of my favorite commercials to do in the tub, given the raw materials surrounding me, was a side-by-side soap contest. "Which soap feels cleaner, fresher, and leaves less of a filmy residue? That's right, Ivory!" Or Dove, or whatever the soap-du-jour was.

Other times, the ads centered around orange juice brands, laundry detergent or instant coffee. As in, "But Jim *never* has seconds of my coffee! [Gasp!] [Pause.] Yuban. Richness worth a second cup."

Anyway, what all this says about me, I dunno. I just thought it'd be fun to share :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home