Tuesday, November 29, 2005

thank you, raurie

For tagging the whole world with a fun, fun, MeMe!

TEN random things you might not know about me
1: I have a knack for languages and have taken classes in French, Spanish, Italian, Ancient Greek and Japanese.
2: I sleep with a stuffed elephant named Heffalump.
3: I've saved every card, letter or email I've received since the age of 14.
4: I used to wear colored contacts (aqua) from age 16 to 21, then I wore glasses until got LASIK last Feb.
5: I moved six times between the ages of 5 and 18, and have been the most popular -- and least popular -- girl at school as a result.
7: I failed my first driver's test and didn't get my license until I really needed it -- when I turned 21 ;-)
8: I freak out if anyone touches my neck!! I have a total neck phobia because, yes, I'm a freak.
9: I was raised (very marginally) Catholic. In my teens I devoured books about astrology, numerology and the tarot. In my early 20s, I tried converting to Christianity, but it didn't stick. Now I'm just an agnostic.
10: I worked Beach Patrol on an exclusive stretch of land in Malibu during the summer of 92, which pretty much meant I got to swim all day.

NINE places I’ve visited (in reverse chronological order)
1: Japan
2: Korea
3: Amsterdam
4: Hawaii (Oahu and the Big Island)
5: The UK (twice)
6: Italy
7: France
8: Kennebunkport, ME
9: The Outer Banks, NC

EIGHT ways to win my heart
1: Be funny
2: Love animals
3: Love food (and especially my cooking)
4: Cry at the movies
5: Love to travel
6: Laugh as often as possible
7: Be a (very) good writer
8: Be nice to people, especially the ones who are easy to overlook

SEVEN things I want to do before I die
1: Motorcycle from Paris to Prague
2: Learn another language, fluently
3: Write something I'm truly proud of
4: Take a beloved child somewhere amazing (eg their first trip to a zoo)
5: Live in a foreign country for at least 6 months
6: Snorkel or scuba dive the Great Barrier Reef
7: Become a great deal better at finishing what I start

SIX things I’m afraid of
1: Desititution (essentially, losing the ability to support myself)
2: My parents becoming completely dependent on me
3: Never forgiving myself for my divorce
4: Losing my sight
5: Never owning a house that I can actually live in
6: Dying alone

FIVE things I don't like
1: Being flaked on when I'm really looking forward to something
2: Peas (including sugar snap)
3: Being told what to do (suggestions acceptable!)
4: Eating lunch at my desk
5: Being ignored

FOUR ways to turn me off
1: Write with bad spelling or grammar
2: Mistreat a person or an animal
3: Smother or pester me
4: Guilt-trip me

THREE Things I do everyday
1: Catch up on "news" (blogs & RSS feeds)
2: Take a hot bath
3: Snuggle my love

TWO things that make me happy
1: My cats
2: The internets

ONE thing on my mind right now
1: How much I have to pee

1 Comments:

At Wed Nov 30, 09:48:00 AM PST, Blogger Whinger said...

I SO wish I had a knack for languages, but my Spanish teacher in 10th grade, said I have "white girl's tongue," meaning I can NEVER appropriately say "Ruffles have ridges." I mostly just end up spitting if I do.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home