Saturday, January 28, 2006

moremore memes

What were you doing 10 years ago?
I was living by myself in a studio apartment on San Francisco's noisiest street and working as a web producer 20 miles south in Foster City, and really, really wanting to find a job closer to home. I had been dating my husband-to-be (now ex) for about 4 months. I'd been single for a couple years before meeting him (unless you count all those frogs I dated since my last real boyfriend) and was really happy (relieved?) to be in a real relationship.

What were you doing one year ago?
I was living in the same flat I live in now, with J, and was working in Mountain View (40 miles south!) -- hating it. The job had turned into 100% project management, my boss was a micromanaging workaholic, and I was sick to death of the commute. Then, when I found out I'd gotten 1/10th of the bonus my good friend and colleague got, I began applying to jobs online. I had also just applied to Stanford's Master of Liberal Arts program and was breathlessly expecting to be accepted. Ha.

Five snacks you enjoy:
I'm not a consistent/faithful snacker. In fact, I'm quite a fickle snacker. But at the moment, I like to snack on stuff like sesame cashews from Trader Joe's (aka "crack"), rice, nori & pickles (I count these as one snack, because they must be eaten together), eggettes (amazing and addictive Hong Kong-style waffles I get at this bubble tea place in South San Francisco), apples & cheese, and greek yogurt & honey.

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:
Too many to mention, especially if I were to take my misspent youth into consideration, during which I memorized every single Police, Duran Duran, English Beat and Wham! song. But that was then. For now, I thought it might be more fitting to list the songs that I've *tried* to learn all the lyrics to merely by catching them on the radio now and then (since I'm slightly busier than I was as a teenager): "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morrissette; "Loser" by Beck; "Laid" by James; "Praise You" by Fatboy Slim; "Dirty Harry" by Gorillaz.

Five things you would do if you were a multi-millionaire:
Buy houses in all my favorite places; take care of my family and friends' financial needs; adopt a couple kids and a few more pets; start a non-profit art school (a la Born Into Brothels); donate money to progressive political causes.

Five bad habits:
Biting my nails; not flossing; keeping my clothes in piles rather than putting them away; procrastinating; overeating.

Five things you like doing:
Knitting; swimming; riding my scooter; cooking; um, you know.

Five things you would never wear or buy again:
Blue-green eyeshadow in long swooshes (hello, Prom Night 1986!); big eyeglasses (big sunglasses are sometimes ok); Yukon Jack (a completely disgusting "liqueur"); spandex bike shorts (even if I get skinny again); metallic leather (so damn fugly!).

Five favorite things:
The silly behavior of my cats; my boyfriend's sense of humor; my bed; my laptop; traveling far & wide.

1 Comments:

At Tue Mar 14, 03:32:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 years ago... I was a newlywed and living in NYC. woh! I miss the food you describe from SF.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home