Wednesday, April 05, 2006

worth the wait.

So I finally saw Brokeback. which i bought from walmart.com no less! stickin' it to the man! or somethin' - heh.

anyway, oh MY.


i spent the first 5-10 minutes thinking to myself, "Self, you know you're a big gay-man-lovin' sort of girl... don't be so EASY. Be critical. Maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be." And so, I did find it took a teeny-tiny while to believe Jake Gyllenhaal's character. But as for Heath Ledger... he had me at "Ennis."

I won't post any spoilers, cause believe me, I *hate* that shit. I'll just say I fucking LOVED this movie. Utterly naturalistic and believable and painful and real.

guess all cowboys ain't so bad*, after all.




*when i was little, i loved my cousin Nick everso much. but when my mom jokingly asked me if i wanted to marry him, i said, "Nah. he wants to be a cowboy." Dunno why that was such a deal-breaker, but anyway.

1 Comments:

At Thu Apr 06, 09:11:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mamas, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys....

Sorry -- country music flashback from my childhood.

I have not seen this movie yet. I am a bad, bad lesbian.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home