Tuesday, June 07, 2005

A Nasty Shock

So I went to Voldemort yesterday. Turns out the doctor I was scheduled to see couldn't make it; they'd tried to call me but had my old work number and a totally random emergency contact number. But I insisted on staying as I really needed to get looked at. Fortunately, there was no need to rush back to work, and I wasn't feeling super-impatient; so while I had to wait for two extra hours, I'm glad I stayed (becuase I must be a true masochist).

1. The exam itself was very brief and not a pain at all.
2. As I predicted, I did have a Bartholin's cyst. So they gave me a shot of local anethesia (ouch) and took care of it.
3. Unfortunately, they inserted a catheter which I have to keep in for a week to prevent the cyst from recurring. (No, thank God it's not one of *those* catheters!)
4. They weighed me and I am 20 POUNDS heavier than I thought I was!!!! Fucking scary!!
5. My blood pressure (for the second time now) is borderline high: 130/90.

SIGH. I joined eDiets though, and have been eating sensibly today. If my damn "bits" didn't ache, I might be persuaded to go on a walk ;-) But I am too sore to ride on my scooter, even :(

2 Comments:

At Fri Jun 10, 09:30:00 AM PDT, Blogger Shananigans said...

Glad you got you cyst taken care of. I think it is weight loss season (summer, huh? Imagine that). I myself have decided to join the YMCA when I get back from my vacation in about a week. 20 lbs? Really? Maybe it was water weight. Sometimes it’s really just better not to know.

 
At Fri Jun 10, 12:44:00 PM PDT, Blogger riseyp said...

Well, I should probably add that I haven't weighed myself in several months... Just assumed I was still the same weight as last time I checked, as my clothes still kind of fit ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home